Large companies such as Chapstick have been dominating the lip balm industry for the last century. They have not really had much competition until recently. Evolution Of Smooth is a company that is only a few years old but they have managed to amass revenue of several hundred million dollars. They have proved to be a fierce competitor for the top spot in the lip balm industry. The only company to exceed the sales of EOS is Burt’s Bees. Chapstick has taken a back seat to both of these companies.
In a short period of time, the EOS company went from being unheard of, to being seen in the possession of some of the biggest stars in Hollywood. EOS became the brand to have once celebrities began to buy the product (http://www.ulta.com/brand/eos). Celebrity power combined with smart marketing strategy helped to propel the brand to become one of the largest lip balm companies in the country.
Evolution Of Smooth has a revolutionary design that is both eye-catching and functional. The products are being sold by major retailers including Ulta and eBay. The flavors are also appealing and there are plenty to suit just about anyone’s preferences. Flavors were fairly limited up until EOS arrived on the market. The key to the EOS companies success isn’t just clever marketing, it truly has a great product that customers love to use. EOS is not found in just about every drugstore, big box store, and supermarket in the country. They have become incredibly successful and are projected to continue to grow substantially in the coming years. The success story of EOS is truly remarkable and has inspired other companies to try to achieve the same type of rapid growth and popularity.
Doe Deere is still amazed at the popularity of her makeup company, LimeCrime. It is Internet-based and delivers products straight to the customers’ doors. Deere has taken her love of color and fashion and brought it to new levels. She calls her fans “unicorns”, because they are not afraid to be bold and unique.
Deere was born and raised in Russia. Even as a child, she says that she loved doodling with color. Her paints and colored pencils were ever at her side. She and her friends would put on little skits for the neighborhood, and Deere would design the costumes. Her mother taught her how to sew at a young age, she says.
In a recent interview in Glamor.com, Doe Deere says that one of her earliest attempts with makeup was when she was about ten. Her friends wanted to hold a séance, and they needed witchy-looking costumes. Deere borrowed things from her mother’s closet and did some other sewing.
She designed long, flowing gowns that fit the part perfectly. Then, they got into her mother’s makeup to create scary faces. Deere laughs when she recounts the story. She admits that she was in her 20s before she was any good at makeup art.
Doe Deere left Russia and came to New York City when she was a teenager. It was exciting for her to be in one of the fashion centers of the world. Deere says that she met some great friends and they started a band. The band began touring in different places across the country.
Since she had a seamstress background, Deere says that she designed all of the costumes for the band. She used vibrant colors to make the band members stand out among the crowd. Fans liked the costumes so well that they asked the band where they could get replicas.
Encouraged by the popularity of her fashion designs, Doe Deere says that she launched a shop on a popular Internet auction site. Deere modeled her own designs and the orders came in quickly. She named the shop Lime Crime, because she loves the color lime and she wanted the name to be quirky.
She says that she was never satisfied with the makeup choices in the stores, so she blended her own to model with her clothes. People loved the glittery colors she chose and wanted her makeup, too. She developed outrageous colors of lipstick, eye shadow, blush, and nail polish. Soon, her makeup orders eclipsed her fashion line. She re-launched LimeCrime.com to solely sell her makeup line.
Today, Lime Crime is a multi-million dollar company that does direct ordering. She is constantly developing new shades for her many fans. Doe Deere is an inspiring entrepreneur who knows how to start from nothing and make it big.
Fashion and Beauty Rules that Must be Broken
Doe Deere is the founder and CEO of Lime Crime Makeup. She is talented and highly creative. She is a firm believer in magical makeup. This is one CEO who will encourage everyone to break the fashion and beauty rules. She has a list of fashion rules that are worth breaking. Ms. Deere will proudly claim that fashion rules are meant to be broken. It is not sinful to break these rules. What are her favorite fashion and beauty rules to break?
The Best Rules that Should be Broken
There are some good guidelines that can be used for fashion and makeup. It is good to know that these are not rules that are set in stone. We do not have to abide by a set of fashion rules. We can create our own unique and beautiful beauty and fashion guidelines. We all have the right to look and feel our best. The rules that are best to break, according to Doe Deere include:
1. mixing several colors is a no-no; you can mix many jazzy color combinations without apologizing. You do not have to wear soft colors for fear of appearing too loud. A large splash of color just might make you feel energized and full of life.
2. it is wrong to have bold eyes with bold lips; you do not have to wear only one bold color on at a time. it is your creation. Try blue milk eyeliner and some delicious Red Velvet lipstick. It does not need to be wrong to enjoy bold eyes and bold lips together.
3. patterns are not meant to be mixed; you have the right to mix many different patterns together and you can have one magical outfit. Don’t let mixing patterns intimidate you. Have fun with fashion!
4. wearing sock with open-toed shoes or heels is forbidden; Make your own chic and savvy trend and enjoy your stylish and fun designer feet.
5. black and neutrals only for those with unnaturally hair that is colored; this is an unnecessary rule that encourages everything to be tidy and neutral. When this rule is broken, your personality will shine through. Keeping the colors flowing with unnatural hair looks especially fabulous.
7. you must dress your age; this is a fun rule to break. Youthful shades do not need to exist. The appropriate rule can be tossed out.
8. you need to stay with occasion specific attire; you have the right to wear an evening gown to any event. There is no need to store your fancy fashions and bring them out for the required occasions. Where your fancy fashion now!
These are a few of Doe Deer’s favorite fashion and beauty rules that are best broken.
Get to Know Doe Deere
Doe Deere is indeed a colorful and clever CEO. She is the founder of Lime Crime makeup. She can clearly reflect her own company. She is an educated woman who will claim that beauty is everything that feels right. It does not necessarily need to be in the norm or even appear natural.
Born in Russia
Doe Deere was born in Russia. She grew up in the City of New York. She has created cruelty-free cosmetics that are colorful and magical. These are products that foster creative style.